Gun dog heelwork is something that a lot of people struggle with. It requires a lot of training and focus to become good. During this webinar Elsa and Lena will talk about how they train gun dog heelwork: where they start, how they move on, what they think is important to keep in mind and of course they answer common questions!
After the webinar you will know:
- What the gun dog heelwork should look like
- How to get started with the heelwork training
- How to proof the behavior by using distractions
- How to move on with your training
- 00:00 – Introduction
- 01:29 – Learning Goals
- 02:36 – What should the heeling look like?
- 09:23 – Try it
- 11:48 – This is how we teach heeling
- 13:48 – Seeking out my left side
- 18:44 – Reward placement
- 24:48 – Pivot
- 28:51 – Follow the left leg
- 32:38 – Distractions – walking towards food bowl
- 37:06 – Distractions – walking behind the gun
- 41:28 – Duration
- 42:34 – “Dull” heelwork
- 52:29 – Our best advice
- 56:32 – More inspiration!
When you’ve purchased the webinar you can watch it as many times as you want for a whole year.
The webinar is a prerecorded lecture where we show videos and talk about how we work with the heelwork. We want to give you new inspiration for your heelwork training. If you want to learn more, we also got online courses on heelwork – there you can get answers to more specific questions and also submit videos of your own training and get personal feedback.