Do you want help to keep your training motivation high? Then we recommend this online course!
Part 2 covers heelwork & stop whistle
The course consists of three parts and this is the second part containing two exciting training sessions intended to help you with the foundation training of your gun dog. The course will provide you with more structure in your training and help you and your dog to get started and to continue on in your training. The second part covers the themes heelwork and steadiness & stop whistle.
After the course you will know:
- How to teach your dog to love to walk to heel
- How to teach your dog to stop at a distance and to be steady
- How to proof behavior to make them more reliable
This course leans on the book “Retrieving for All Occasions” and you need to have the book so that you can read up on the theory parts that we’ll point you to with every lesson. The course stems from the book’s accompanying study guide that we recently put together. If you want to ”keep” the online course when it’s over you can buy the study guide here.
You can go through the course at your own pace. Every week a new session is made available. You then have three months to finish the course, but whether you want to take one lesson a week, or every other week, or with irregular intervals, that’s up to you.
This course is entirely self-study – no personal feedback or questions can be submitted (if you want personal feedback – check out this course: Online course: Foundations for Excellence in Gun Dog Training Part 2: Heelwork & stop whistle – personal feedback)
This course is one of the parts of our full course, Online course: Foundations for Excellence in Gun Dog Training – without personal feedback You can chose either the full course or any of the specific parts that you’re interested in:
- Part 1: Online course: Foundations for Excellence in Gun Dog Training Part 1: Training Basics (A Spotlight on Behavior), Taking & Holding, Delivery to Hand – without personal feedback
- Part 2: Online course: Foundations for Excellence in Gun Dog Training Part 2: Heelwork & stop whistle – without personal feedback
- Part 3: Online course: Foundations for Excellence in Gun Dog Training Part 3: Holding an Area, Blind Retrieves, Putting it All Together – without personal feedback
- Full course: Online course: Foundations for Excellence in Gun Dog Training – without personal feedback
Take the chance to get help with your training, sign up today!
Testimonials from previous course participants:
“Great structure and great that all lessons where accessible from the start so I could chose for myself what to focus on. I felt I gained a lot from the course and that my dog and me developed during the course.”