Do you want help to keep your training motivation high? Then we recommend this online course!
The course consists of eight exciting training sessions intended to help you with the foundation training of your gun dog. We are here to provide you with more structure in your training and to help you both to get started and to continue on in your gun dog training. The course has themes such as training methodology, taking and holding, delivery to hand, walking at heel, steadiness and the stop signal, blind retrieves, holding an area, and how you can put all the different skills together.
After the course you will know:
- The basic clicker training principles
- How to apply clicker training in your gun dog training
- How to teach your dog taking & holding in a fun and inspiring way
- How to teach your dog a great delivery to hand
- How to teach your dog to love to walk to heel
- How to teach your dog to stop at a distance and to be steady
- How to teach your dog directional cues and blind retrieves
- How to teach your dog to hunt a specific area
- How to put the different behaviors together
- How to proof behavior to make them more reliable
This course leans on the book “Retrieving for All Occasions” and you need to have the book so that you can read up on the theory parts that we’ll point you to with every lesson. The course stems from the book’s accompanying study guide that we recently put together. If you want to ”keep” the online course when it’s over or if you want to have a printed source to go with the online course (and somewhere to make notes after every training session) you can buy the study guide here.
You can go through the course at your own pace from when you buy it. You then have six months to finish the course, but whether you want to take one lesson a week, or every other week, or with irregular intervals, that’s up to you.
Note that this is a self study course with no personal feedback from us. If you’re interested in a course with personal feedback – check out this course instead: Online course: Foundations for Excellence in Gun Dog Training – personal feedback
You can also take just the parts of the course that you’re interested in, with or without feedback.
- Part 1: Online course: Foundations for Excellence in Gun Dog Training Part 1: Training Basics (A Spotlight on Behavior), Taking & Holding, Delivery to Hand – without presonal feedback
- Part 2: Online course: Foundations for Excellence in Gun Dog Training Part 2: Heelwork & stop whistle – without personal feedback
- Part 3: Online course: Foundations for Excellence in Gun Dog Training Part 3: Holding an Area, Blind Retrieves, Putting it All Together – without personal feedback
- Full course: Online course: Foundations for Excellence in Gun Dog Training – without personal feedback
Take the chance to get help with your training, sign up today!
Testimonials from previous course paricipants:
“Great structure and great that all lessons where accesible from the start so I could chose for myself what to focus on. I felt I gained a lot from the course and that my dog and me developed during the course.”