Have you got a spaniel and want to train it for field trials or shoot over your dog? Do you want to learn how to set your dog up for success? Are you interested in training your spaniel in an effective and reward based way?
Then this course is for you! You will learn how to train the foundations of gundog training in a positive and effective way. You will learn how to develop really great rewards, how to build a great working relationship, how to teach your dog a solid sit and stay, how to start with quartering, steadiness to wing and directions.
Finally you will learn how to bring it all together. All the foundation work and exercises in this course are done
Find out more about the course:
This course (block 1) contains four lessons and the cost is 70 USD. This is a self study course – you do it entierly at your own pace without feedback from the instructors.
This course contains the following chapters:
1. Welcome to a course full of opportunities
2. Focus on the positive – how to set your dog up for success
3. The three training principles and how to apply them (lot´s of exercises!)
4. Recall – and how to teach the dog the turn signal
5. Eight steps to a solid sit and stay – follow these steps to give your dog good understanding of this important foundation skill
You need a dog who loves his ball – or another toy – and loves to run straight back to deliver it to you. If you need help with that part you can take a parallel course at Retrieving for All Occasions.
You will get access to lessons 1 – 3 at once, and three weeks after you started you’ll get access to lessons 4 – 5. You will have access to the course for four months after signing up.
This is a comprehensive course full of exercises that you can do in your own pace without personal feedback.